Weather Services Update - February 13, 2019 at 7:30 PM
HC migration to new weather service propagating. So far about 1000 on new service, the rest should be over within next two hours.
Weather Services Update - February 12, 2019 at 4:50 PM
HC Weather Migration will start tomorrow mid-morning eastern time. There will be some propagation delays but should be pushed out to all HC controllers within 3 hours.
Weather Services Update - February 11, 2019 at 1:50 PM
HC Weather Migration prep has begun; Date/Time for the migration will be posted shortly.
Weather Services Update - February 9, 2019 at 3:00 PM (pacific)
Servers are offline. Online team working on issue.
Weather Services Update - February 7, 2019 at 3pm
100% of SC traffic is being routed successfully to new servers.
HC migration will begin shortly. Details will be provided later today.
Weather Services Update - Feb 6, 2019 at 4pm
25% of SC traffic is being routed successfully to new servers, the rest still pointed to old service. Scaling issues will continue to be addressed and all traffic routed shortly.
HC Migration will begin after SC completion and time estimates will be provided shortly. Until that time, HC will point to current weather service.
Weather Services Update - Feb 6, 2019 at 10am
SC controller migration to new services has begun, and will complete at approximately 12 noon Pacific Time.
HC Migration will begin after SC complettion and time estimates will be provided shortly. Until that time, HC will point to current weather service.
- Why are you changing the service? The Weather Underground service we've been using reliable for many years had become unstable over the past 8 months. Working with the service vendor, we were informed that they would no longer work to improve the service and that it will be shut down in mid-February 2019. A considerable development effort was undertaken to refactor the ELAN weather server code to point to a new service (The Weather Company) without the need to load a new core release on existing controllers.
- Do I need to make changed on the controller to pick up the new service? The change is intended to be seamless for HC, g1, gSC2 and gSC10 controllers. When the switch over is made, the new weather service code can take up to 15 minutes to propagate across all of our servers and reach every controller.
- What do I do if I have trouble after the new service is launched? Please follow the Troubleshooting section below, which will be updated on a regular basis.
- If you are having trouble connecting to or with the regional accuracy of the new weather service, try using Location Type: Latitude/Longitude in Configurator, System > Location and Weather. The latitude and longitude of a location can be found with various sites and services such as https://www.latlong.net/
- Missing or Incorrect weather icons should be reported to the ELAN Online team. Please include screenshots when possible. Contact The Online Team
- Other weather-related issues, please contact the ELAN Online team Contact The Online Team
If you are having issues with new weather service, and you have followed the Troubleshooting steps above, please contact the ELAN Online team. Please include screenshots whenever possible. Contact The Online Team