ELAN Launches New Architectural Speakers at CEDIA 2018
New in-ceiling, in-wall and LCR speakers will be available exclusively to ELAN dealers.
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA – Demonstrating its commitment to provide residential installers with a complete range of AV solutions for their customers, Nortek Security & Control (NSC), the global leader in smart connected devices and systems, today introduced a new line of ELAN® architectural speakers. The ELAN 400 Series, 600 Series, and 800 Series speakers – fifteen new models in all – debuted today at CEDIA 2018 in Nortek Security & Control Booth #4637 at the San Diego Convention Center.
“ELAN’s new speakers are exclusive to ELAN dealers, which gives our control platform installers an even more complete ELAN-branded solution to present their clients,” explained NSC Director of Audio Alex Zaliauskas. “This new line responds to direct requests from ELAN dealers for us to get back into speakers. We’ve done so in a way that speaks to the signature sound dealers will expect from ELAN.”
ELAN’s 400 Series Speakers are perfect for homeowners who want high-end audio without breaking the bank. The 400 Series features ½” Tweeters and Polypropylene cone woofers. “This high-value line provides dealers with more options for customers who want a great audio experience but aren’t keen on heavily investing in it,” Zaliauskas added.
ELAN’s 600 Series Speakers are multipurpose speaker solutions that deliver elevated performance. All five speakers in the series feature upgraded injection molded polypropylene cone woofers and pivoting 1” soft dome tweeters. “The 600 Series is perfect for a home theater, or within distributed audio applications throughout the home,” Zaliauskas commented.
Whether homeowners enjoy high-performance audio in every room or high-powered sound in their home theater, ELAN’s 800 Series Speakers are an ideal choice. Exceptional clarity, resolution and dynamics are achieved via graphite-injected polypropylene cone woofers and aluminum dome tweeters. All seven 800 Series Speakers have a vocal enhancement switch that increases vocal clarity, and enhances dialogue. Users also have the option to adjust the speakers’ tweeter performance via a front-mounted “tweeter” enhancement switch.
The new ELAN® architectural speaker portfolio consists of:
- EL-400-IC-6: ELAN 400 Series 6-1/2" (160mm) In-Ceiling Speakers (Sold in Pairs)
- EL-400-ICDVC-6: ELAN 400 Series 6-1/2" (160mm) DVC/SST In-Ceiling Speaker (Sold Individually)
- EL-400-IW-6: ELAN 400 Series 6-1/2" (160mm) In-Wall Speakers (Sold in Pairs)
- EL-600-IC-6: ELAN 600 Series 6-1/2" (160mm) In-Ceiling Speakers (Sold in Pairs)
- EL-600-ICLCR-6: ELAN 600 Series 6-1/2" (160mm) LCR In-Ceiling Speaker (Sold Individually)
- EL-600-IW-6: ELAN 600 Series 6-1/2" (160mm) In-Wall Speakers (Sold in Pairs)
- EL-600-IC-8: ELAN 600 Series 8" (200mm) In-Ceiling Speakers (Sold in Pairs)
- EL-600-IWLCR-5: ELAN 600 Series 5" (130mm) LCR In-Wall Speaker (Sold Individually)
- EL-800-IC-6: ELAN 800 Series 6-1/2" (160mm) In-Ceiling Speakers (Sold in Pairs)
- EL-800-ICLCR-6: ELAN 800 Series 6-1/2" (160mm) LCR In-Ceiling Speaker (Sold Individually)
- EL-800-IC-8: ELAN 800 Series 8" (200mm) In-Ceiling Speakers (Sold in Pairs)
- EL-800-ICDVC-8: ELAN 800 Series 8" (200mm) DVC/SST In-Ceiling Speaker (Sold Individually)
- EL-800-ICLCR-8: ELAN 800 Series 8" (200mm) LCR In-Ceiling Speaker (Sold Individually)
- EL-800-IW-8: ELAN 800 Series 8" (200mm) In-Wall Speakers (Sold in Pairs)
- EL-800-IWLCR-6: ELAN 800 Series 6-1/2" (160mm) LCR In-Wall Speaker (Sold Individually)
“We are giving ELAN® dealers a range of audio solutions to offer their customers,” Zaliauskas concluded, “and each has the elegant design and sophisticated performance that our customers have come to expect from the ELAN brand.”
Interested attendees can learn more at CEDIA 2018 in ELAN/Nortek Security & Control Booth #4637.
ELAN, now part of Nortek Security & Control, develops an award-winning line of whole-house entertainment and control solutions distributed through a comprehensive channel of select dealers throughout the United States, Canada, and countries worldwide. The ELAN 8 update was honored with the “2017 Human Interface Product of the Year” award and continues to expand its intuitive functionality with security, climate, surveillance and video distribution products and integrations.
About Nortek Security & Control
Nortek Security & Control LLC (NSC) is a global leader in smart connected devices and systems for residential, security, access control, and digital health markets. NSC and its partners have deployed more than 4 million connected systems and over 25 million security and home control sensors and peripherals. Through its family of brands including 2GIG®, ELAN®, GoControl®, Linear®, Mighty Mule®, IntelliVision®, and Numera®, NSC designs solutions for national telecoms, big box retailers, OEM partners, service providers, security dealers, technology integrators and consumers.
Headquartered in Carlsbad, California, NSC has over 50 years of innovation and is dedicated to addressing the lifestyle and business needs of millions of customers every day. For further information, visit nortekcontrol.com.
Other brand names and product names mentioned herein may be the trademarks, tradenames, service marks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.