8 to 16 Source / 8 to 16 Zone Audio Controller/Amplifier
The S1616A offers unprecedented flexibility and value. Capable of single or dual chassis mode, the S1616A supports up to 16 stereo inputs and outputs to up to 256 speakers in up to 64 unique zones. In amplifier mode, the S1616A features 16 channels of digital amplification. The S1616A ships with the SC1 ViaNet Controller which provides integration of the S1616A with g! series controllers.
Multi-Source, Multi-Zone Controller
The S1616A can be configured in two ways – Single Chassis and Dual Chassis. In Single Chassis mode the S1616A supports 8 stereo or 16 mono inputs, or combinations thereof. Output options for Single Chassis provide for connection of up to 256 speakers in virtually any configuration. Dual Chassis configurations support 16 stereo inputs and up to 128 pairs of outputs. Both configurations support up to 64 unique zones. As a multi-zone/multisource amplified controller it has no equal.
The S1616A is your go-to choice for superior music performance. Rated at 50 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 75 watts per channel into 4 ohms, the S1616A has the capacity to drive your speakers to high output levels with clear beautiful sound. Coupled with a wide variation in input and output configuration, the S1616A is perfectly suited for both residential and commercial projects.
The S1616A includes user enhancements to make operating the music system in any environment a real joy. In addition to Whole House Music, which allows the entire system to listen to the same source, it introduces Zone Grouping and House Scenes. Zone Grouping allows common areas, like the master suite or a dining area, to be easily joined. House Scenes memorize the status and settings for all zones (at the end users direction) and allow them to be recalled with the press of a single button. For the end user, especially one in a large project, using the S1616A is simple and convenient.
The S1616A provides an abundance of controls to tailor the sound perfectly to each zone’s unique acoustic environment. Bass, treble and loudness are available per zone. Each output may be configured as left, right or summed mono. Each output also features high and low pass filtering, allowing high performance sub/sat speaker arrangements without additional electronics.
The S1616A is fully compatible with the ELAN C2 communications controller allowing house wide paging and door chime announcement. The advanced g! programming and operating environment make the S1616A easy to configure and easy to use. While other systems require complex programming, g! requires only minutes.
The S1616A when used in Amplifier Mode has all the features and benefits that made the original D16 such a capable and popular product.
Featuring output of 75 watts at 4 ohms, or 50 watts at 8 ohms, to sixteen channels with multiple configurable buss inputs, the S16161A Amplifier Mode is one serious amp that can me used in many installations where lesser amplifiers fall flat.
Even when not connected to a g! Home Controller, the S1616A can be used as a audio switcher, preamp, and amplifier all in one. Using the extensive IR code library it can be controlled by popular hand held remote controls allowing eight zones of stereo audio capability.
The S1616A in Amplifier Mode is a “greenfriendly” product with a low power standby mode that provides nearly instant turn-on for predictable operation while conserving energy.
Multi-Source, Multi-Zone Controller
- Single Chassis – 8 stereo or 16 mono
- Dual Chassis – 16 stereo
- Zones: Up to 64 unique zones
- Outputs: 16 expandable to 256
- 50w @ 8 Ohms, 75w @ 4 Ohms
- Outputs configurable as Left, Right, or Mono
- Crossover High and Low per output
- Individual Bass, Treble and Loudness per zone
- Level matching per output
- Level matching per input
- WHM, 8 Groups and 3 House Scenes
- Rack Mounting with included rack brackets
- ACE™ Automatic Clip Eliminator
- g! Required – Multi-Source/Multi-Zone works only with Home Controllers
- 16 channels of digital amplification
- True power ratings of 50WPC @ 8 Ohms & 75WPC @ 4 Ohms (all channels driven)
- A & B Bus inputs & outputs
- Two optical digital inputs
- 8 paired trigger inputs + “All On” trigger input & trigger loop output
- Only three rack spaces high
- Rack-mount ears included
- Audio Zone Outputs16
- Shipping Info
- Length24.5 (Inches)
- Width24.5 (Inches)
- Height11.2 (Inches)
- Weight54.75 (Lbs)
- Unit of MeasureEach
- Master Pack Qty1
- Other Specifications
- Source Inputs Single Chassis â€“ 8 stereo or 16 mono or combinations thereof
- Dual Chassis â€“ 16 stereo
- Zones 64 zones maximum
- Outputs Single Chassis Mode â€“ 16 independently assignable to zones by left, right or mono
- Dual Chassis Mode â€“ 16 stereo assignable to zones
- TriggersMusic Sensing status available through Event Mapper on all inputs
- Output Power RMS 75WPC @ 4 Ohms
- 50WPC @ 8 Ohms all channels driven
- Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 1.5 dB at 8 Ohms
- Full Power Bandwidth 10Hz to 25kHz
- Signal to Noise > 102 dB (A weighted)
- Channel Separation > -70dB (channel to channel @ 1kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion < .04%
- Inter-modulation Distortion < 0.1%
- Input Impedance 49k Ohms
- Input/Loop Output RCA Stereo
- Speaker Output Gold Plated 5 Way Binding Post
- AC Power Requirements 110 V, 50-60 Hz â€“ 1300W
- Current Draw 12A @ 120 VAC
- Standby Power Mode 21W
- Dimensions w/Feet (3U w/o Feet) (in.) 17 W x 5-7/8 H x 17 D
- (mm) 432 W x 149 H x 432D
- Product Weight47.6 lbs / 21.6 kg
- Shipping Weight 54.0 lbs / 24.5 kg
- Certification TUV, FCC, RoHS
- Proposition 65 Warning
- Warning:WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm â€“ www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
2 Year Limited Warranty.